Monday, May 19, 2008

Four Months Old


Hurray! I'm four months old.

I had my check up today. I'm right in the 10th percentile for height, weight and head circumference: 12 pounds, 9 ounces, and 23 and 1/4 inches long. The dr. says I am growing really well and look completely in proportion.

The dr. was also very impressed with my large motor skills. I have excellent head and trunk control. The dr. thinks I could be sitting up by myself by the time I'm six months old! I was also very social for this visit, and tried out my charm. I can flirt and smile and coo like nobody's business. Dr. E. said I am quite advanced and he thought I was so funny, trying to talk. I make noises that almost sound like real words. I can also make bubbles.

I showed off my fine motor skills by grabbing a rattle and then putting it into my mouth. I'm really good at that!

I do have a little tightness in my neck -- one side of my head is flatter than the other. Dr. E told Mommy and Poppy how to do special exercises to loosen up my neck, but it's not anything to worry about.

All in all, I am perfectly healthy, happy, and growing just like I should.

No comments: